Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baba Ganoush

Baba Ganoush by Ng @ Whats for Dinner?My mom makes the best Baba Ganoush (and hummus) in the world and I don't think she ever uses a recipe. She just blends adding more lemon, oil, or tehina until it taste right. I tried to write down a reicpe close to hers, but feel free to play around and find your own.

Baba Ganoush
Make about 1 cup
1 eggplant
1 clove of garlic
1 lemon
1 tsp tehina
1-2 tbs olive oil
salt, pepper, hot pepper
Baba Ganoush by Ng @ Whats for Dinner?
Roast the eggplant in a hot oven for about 45min. Just stick in while your baking something else. Or wrap the eggplant in foil and pop on the bbq, its done when its looks like a ballon ready to pop. Let the eggplant cool and peel.

Blend the eggplant, with the garlic, tehina and the jucie of half a lemon. Taste and add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper as needed. I also like to add hot pepper, lemon zest and fresh herbs.

Enjoy as a dip or sandwich spread.

4 comments:

  1. so...bring on Mama's wonderful hummus recipe. I keep playing with hummus. Can't seem to get it just right...maybe I NEED a recipe. Been trying to wing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baba ganoush looks wonderful. Lemon zest is interesting. Will bring you a hummus recipe when I visit and we can make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so great angee. I love the "put it in the oven with something else" that is so mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rands91- I post a hummus recipe for you and I'll post my moms after she gives it to me.

    Maria- By bring hummus recipe I guess you talking about bring your brain? Because there is no way you have it written down.

    Rachael- STOP WASTING ENERGY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails