Friday, November 20, 2009

Very Lazy NYT No-Knead Bread

Very Lazy NYT No-Knead Bread by ng @ Whats for Dinner?New York Times No-Knead Bread that tasty craze. I haven't made it in years, but I wanted to see if I could make it in my bread machine. I mixed it up the night before and baked it in the morning. The dough overflowed and the whole house smelled like burning bread for a week. My bread machine has two 1 pound pans which is too small for the original NYT recipe. So I set to work making an smaller one.

I know what you are thinking "Its no-knead you don't need to use your bread machine!" I do, I'm lazy and its cold in Ireland. The bread machine mixes everything and then keeps it warm.
Hot Lazy Bread by ng @ Whats for Dinner?1 cup of water
2 1/2 cups of flour ( I use 1/2 of whole wheat)
pinch of salt
dash of yeast
Turns out the using the bread machine cuts down the raising time by 12 hours. In fact if I left to to rise longer the dough would overflow again. I haven't baked it in the bread machine, but I did find a lazier way of molding the dough. When the dough is ready turn the oven on its hottest heat. Flour some parchment paper(use tons like 1/2 cup or more) and drop the dough on it. The dough will look normal from the top, but inside the pan it will be a wet cobweb mess. Once all the dough is out use the parchment paper to shape the dough. The dough will be covered in flour. The extra flour on the parchment paper will burn, so dump it or get a new paper. Oil the paper and cook the bread for about 30 min.
Marmite Toast by ng @ Whats for Dinner?I like this bread even better than the original. You don't have to wait for it to cool all the way and the crust is hard but not so thick. I like it toasted with Kerry Gold Butter and Marmite!

3 comments:

  1. I bet its good for bruchetta! how is that gonna be if you add some olive oil to the dough?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails